Sunday, July 17, 2011

Inspiration Challenge: 293 -- That Someone is Me

This card was inspired by the "Inspiration Challenge 293" from Splitcoast. The inspiration was Maggie Austin Cakes. Her cakes and cookies are absolutely beautiful. The cake that inspired me the most was her gradient frill cake (I have the image of the cake below). The colors and details were amazing.

For this card, I used a unique, pink batik fabric to create the layers. I love using alternative medias to make cards. The detail in the batik fabric reminded me of the gradient of the cake. I used a color wash with Stampin' Up! Rose Red on watercolor paper and then embossed it with Elegant Lines embossing folder from Stampin' Up!/Sizzix.

The sentiment is stamped with Rose Red ink and is from the Occasional Quotes hostess stamp set from Stampin' Up! I also used Nestabilities; which I am currently falling in love with. And, finally, I made the little flowers with the Floral Fusion die from Stampin' Up!/Sizzix and then sponged Rose Red ink around the edges.

That Someone is Me


Cake of Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment