Thursday, April 21, 2011

Progress towards my bucket list

At 31, I realized that I wasn't get any younger; and if I really wanted to cross things off my bucket list I needed to set some goals to make progress towards completing them.

This week I started a running program called the "Couch to 5K" program. Over the course of several weeks you works towards building your endurance and getting to the point that you can run a 5K. I must say, I am really out of shape. The first week begins with a 5 minute walk/warm up and then intervals of 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. I couldn't even do the full 20 minutes. My shins and arches of my feet hurt so bad. So, I'm having to take it a bit more slowly than how the program is designed. Buy hey, better slow than never. Right? My goal is to run a 5K in September. I really need to go ahead and sign up for it so that I have motivation to continue my workouts. I have walked/run 5 days in a row.

I also started working on learning Spanish. I purchased Rosetta Stone and completed my first section of Unit 1. My goal is to complete a section each day.

In between all of this I am also remodeling my house and have got to start getting to my spring planting and cleaning. What a busy but wonderful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment